Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Help with Weight Loss

The biggest recommendation I have to help with weight loss is to prevent yourself from making a bad decision. That's easy to say, but how do you do it?

How do I not become a victim to my bad hunger decisions? Like anything else you need to do to accomplish something, it takes a little planning.

Here are my biggest excuses:
I didn't have time to do it.
I woke up too late to get ready and I don't have a lunch.
I forgot my lunch (excuse or denial?).

When you let yourself win the excuse battle and not the planning and take charge battle, not only will your waistline suffer, but so will your overall health.

A doctor asked me, "Do you know why some third world countries have people that live longer and healthier than we do?" His answer was,"They don't have roads to build the fast food drive-thrus."

While this is funny, it is true. We fall victim to the fast food trap and put all kinds of bad stuff in our bodies by doing so.

When you focus on your decisions to make good choices on food, you won't have any excuses. And your health will improve.

First, do you have junk food in the house? Guess what? If you do, you're going to eat it. Get rid of the bad food.

Second, take a day that's an off day for you. If you work during the week, take a weekend day. If you have a day off during the week, use that.

On your off day, cut up vegetables, cook up some meat, and plan your meals for the week so you don't have to worry about what is for dinner or not having time to prepare it. That way you can just grab your meat, put your vegies together with it, and you've got a meal.

What's the saying? A failure to plan is a plan to fail.

Another thing I have written about is to have a snack list on the fridge. That way you don't say to yourself, "Man, I'm hungry. What's in the fridge?" Then you stare in the fridge for awhile trying to figure out what you want.

I may have some fruit on hand for a treat. I'll put grapes, bananas, or apples on the list. I probably have my favorite nut mix around, pistachios, almonds, and cashews. If I have cut up some celery on my off day, I can grab some natural nut butter and have it with my celery sticks.

I could have a little dark chocolate for a treat. Click here for my favorite: healthy chocolate.
I might scramble up an egg or slice up an avocado.

I also make my own protein bars. I got the idea from Karine Losier. They are healthy and don't have all of those preservatives that can kill you. Plus they're yummy.

Karine, or better known as the Lean Kitchen Queen, has a great program called Metabolic Cooking. I have several cookbooks that came in a package from her very inexpensively.

She will even plan out your meal program for you if you like. That takes all of the guess work out of it.
You can find her great fat loss cooking program here: Metabolic Cooking.

So remember to plan and you'll be planning for your health.
I hope you enjoyed these tips to help with weight loss,

Brian


Brian Sater, Owner
Better Life Communication




No comments:

Post a Comment